Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Pigeon Found GB 10 S 62053 on aqua blue ring

Mel

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

Pigeon Found GB 10 S 62053 on aqua blue ring Empty Pigeon Found GB 10 S 62053 on aqua blue ring

Post by Mel Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 pm

GB 10 S 62053 in Southampton. It is perky but very hungry and has been feeding wild bird seed and resting on the eaves for three days. It comes to our window sill (we have Venetian Blinds) and feeds on wild bird seed that we have put on the sill. It needs to return home in case of inclement weather.

If the owner reads this please contact me. I would also like to know where this bird has flown from or was returning to.

Thanks,

Mel
    rene
    rene
    administrator
    administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 909
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Pigeon Found GB 10 S 62053 on aqua blue ring Empty Re: Pigeon Found GB 10 S 62053 on aqua blue ring

Post by rene Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:53 pm

first of all welcome to the site mel and hope you enjoy it mate

If you call 01709 361659 and speak to a Mr.K.Hibbert and give him the ring number he should be able to put you in totch with the rightfull owner

Yours in sport Rene

( Admin )
    Mel

Male

Pigeon Found GB 10 S 62053 on aqua blue ring Empty Re: Pigeon Found GB 10 S 62053 on aqua blue ring

Post by Mel Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 pm

First of all, thanks for the welcome Rene. I have little interest in pigeons except that I feel sorry for this bird and its owner who both probably want to be reunited.
    It is too late to ring now (2335pm) but I appreciate the number you gave me and I shall ring and ask to speak to Mr.K.Hibbert tomorrow.

Thanks again for your response and your kind help.

Kind regards,

Mel
    rene
    rene
    administrator
    administrator

Male

Post by rene Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:45 pm

no problem at all mel hope they can help ya mate hope you lets us know how you get on
    Mel

Male

Post by Mel Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am

Having rung the gent you suggested Rene, I was told that he was away until Tuesday so I reported the found pigeon to the Royal Racing Pigeon club and was contacted yesterday by the owner who is arranging collection on Thursday (tomorrow)

Thanks for your help and all's well that ends well and pigeon and owner are reunited.
    Although not into pigeon keeping myself, I do feed wild birds with best quality bird seed which is probably why this bird chose my home to stay!

I am happy to say that the bird was bedraggled when it first landed on my window sill but now it is perky and bright eyed and with lovely coat of feathers. Indeed it is a very handsome bird.

Take care and all the best and keep enjoying your interesting hobby.

Kind regards, Mel
    rene
    rene
    administrator
    administrator

Male

Post by rene Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi Mel thanks for letting us know the out come and glad you managed to fine the owner i am sure that he is very happy to have his bird reunited and reported to him it is very nice to have our birds reported and cared for as you have till they can be collected hope you keep in toutch as it is nice to be able to talk to the pubilc on our sport as a lot of people don't understand what these wonderfull birds done for us during the wars and exactualy how many thousands of lives were saved by pigeons i will be putting a video on here soon that my two daughters have done called the pigeons of war you may be interested to see

Yours in sport

Rene

( Admin )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:50 am