Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

big sales of the year

christopher09
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2009-01-21

big sales of the year Empty big sales of the year

Post by christopher09 Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Just wondering how many fanciers will be selling up this winter .

who will be the big sellers from abroad this year

do you know any fanciers calling it a day this year
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 1952
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

big sales of the year Empty Re: big sales of the year

Post by maid08 Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:41 pm

me and yes half my mates say enough is enough and i agree with them as to big sellers who knows??lets see what fantasy breed they come up with?????

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Me more than likely and One club mate for definate, possibly one or two others as well from what they say. Sad state of affairs its all becomming

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:45 pm

So anyone wanting to buy my family of Van reets PM me as the stock is going anyway!
    MIKE1957
    MIKE1957
    Global moderators
    Global moderators

Male
    Number of posts : 488
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by MIKE1957 Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:34 am

superstar wrote:So anyone wanting to buy my family of Van reets PM me as the stock is going anyway!

your not giving up are you mate

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Well Mike its like this! I have an idea I may be able to help myself out with the hawk trouble we have round here by not keeping and racing pretty pigeons, Pieds, Reds, Mealies Etc., and just fly plain Cheq's and blues just to see if it makes any difference next year. Big gamble I know as the family of birds I have here are good racers and proven birds but they might be what is attracting the wrong kind of attention from Mr Hawk and Mr Falcon as they are colourfull and stand out like flashing beacons, so feel I have nothing to lose as I have to try something to help myself if I'm to stick arround in this game any longer as too much disapointment has come from a fair percentage of training tosses with old and young birds this year. Not sure what anyone else thinks of this idea??
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:30 pm

well you know my view on that matter as i have seen the diffrance they make in the sky

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:33 pm

To me its worth a go, I know there will still be trouble from attacks but it might not invite so many. As you said big sales of the year 9549 Chris you see where I'm comming from
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by lenwadebob Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:07 am

superstar wrote:To me its worth a go, I know there will still be trouble from attacks but it might not invite so many. As you said big sales of the year 9549 Chris you see where I'm comming from

Sent you a pm Mark
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:16 am

Personally I don't think colour matters. 95% of my youngsters this year ar Blue Bars, Blue Chequers, Dark Chequers, and yet I have been hit by the BOP more times than enough. Yet my son (Gooner) has 90% of the pretty colours, Gay Pieds, Grizzles, Yellows, and he has had no problem with them. So draw your own conclusion

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Well if thats the case Bob I will just sell the whole lot and have done with pigeon racing for good as Im not prepared to keep wasting my money to feed birds of prey simple as that
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:29 pm

superstar wrote:Well if thats the case Bob I will just sell the whole lot and have done with pigeon racing for good as Im not prepared to keep wasting my money to feed birds of prey simple as that

I know how you feel mate, I felt the same 8 weeks ago, but when pigeons are in your blood you know how it is. Keep your chin up mate, what comes round goes round. I know it is hard :big sales of the year 310320:

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Cheers for the hug Bob but think if what your saying is right then it is all over for me flying round here as it gets a bit depressing watching them get picked off one by one and sometimes more due to the fear factor
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:11 am

superstar wrote:Cheers for the hug Bob but think if what your saying is right then it is all over for me flying round here as it gets a bit depressing watching them get picked off one by one and sometimes more due to the fear factor

I'm not saying I am right Mark, just saying what has happened here between my son and my birds. Two different locations, 10 miles apart, and training on slightly different lines of flight. I do have a theory which would eliminate this BOP problem, but it would need 100% cooperation from all fanciers, the length and breadth of GB for it to have an effect, and that ain't going to happen, because some fanciers have a selfish attitude and only think of themselves.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 am

I'm with you now Bob I thought you and Gooner flew from the same place! I know my idea wouldnt stop all attacks I know but thought why attract attention from a long way away and even tice one or two into attacking when they might otherwise have not? Bit like drawing a bright flashing spinner under the nose of a preditory fish thats laying up in the river, you will get plenty of hits then but paint the spinner black or a dark colour and BINGO! don't attract nowhere near as much!! I know fish can sence movement in the water other than with sight but impead the sight bit and it stops 90 odd percent of takes and surely this must ring true with hawks and falcons? I remember reading an article some years ago done by a group from Canada if I remember rightly, and they concluded that birds of prey can see a red pigeon from 10 times the distance of other colours and to the spectrum of their eye it actually looks like a glowing beacon, so surely it has to be worth a go as feel I have nothing to lose anyway if I want to remain in this sport.
    Would like to hear what your idea is too on his subject Bob, so if you dont want to broadcast it is there any chance of a PM?
    bobo
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

Post by bobo Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:05 pm

i think the racing game will end, in a few years as no one is to bothered about anything any more, seen a lot of good threads and people asking for help and comitment in hawk trouble but falls on deaf ears if asked for a £1 its a pity
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 pm

bobo its not the hawks killing this sport its the fanciers themselfs tell me of all the threads you posted on on com how many were the same fanciers over and over offering help was it the ones makeing money of the sport or the ones that give week in week out
    bobo
    old bird
    old bird

Post by bobo Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:29 pm

your right there mate, the money boys never give to the genuine people thats a fact, i have seen plenty of guys going out there way to help fanciers and yes on dot.com and other sites but are let down with the same people that moan about predators but they want something done about it but dont ask them
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:32 pm

bobo wrote:your right there mate, the money boys never give to the genuine people thats a fact, i have seen plenty of guys going out there way to help fanciers and yes on dot.com and other sites but are let down with the same people that moan about predators but they want something done about it but dont ask them
    yep and if you point out the failings of the fancy they are also the ones that bitch but hide thats pigeon sport for you moan but do sfa and thats killing the sport
    bobo
    old bird
    old bird

Post by bobo Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 pm

think ill away and by some ale
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm

bobo wrote:think ill away and by some ale
    hope i aint got one of youer stray birds :Very Funny: :Very Funny: :Very Funny:
    bobo
    old bird
    old bird

Post by bobo Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:19 pm

roland has put some chit on .com and the turk has rubbished it shot down about the eagleowl and using the noise from it total hog wash if you ask me the hawk knows the owl sleeps through the day :sulk:
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 pm

well roland can be the centre of attention now he likes that thats his problem up his own ass albear will join in with him as they are the only two with brains they think never mind wonder how the pob is going
    christopher09
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by christopher09 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:27 pm

bobo wrote:i think the racing game will end, in a few years as no one is to bothered about anything any more, seen a lot of good threads and people asking for help and comitment in hawk trouble but falls on deaf ears if asked for a £1 its a pity

yeah that is the pigeon game all over ,a case of them that have and a case of them that have not .

im or right jack
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:34 pm

yes and its the have nots that give all the time dont you think i mean just look at charity sales and se the dealers who dont give but sell all the time any way im glad im a have and still give because i remmber so well when i never had beleave me
    bobo
    old bird
    old bird

Post by bobo Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:36 pm

you could be right there mate, don't know if albear was invited mate, think he has a chip on his shoulder, i think he thinks hes mod material, the feather merchant Wilcox is on there committee as a auctioneer :Very Funny: who gives a toss as i don't give to nobody i don't know.
    christopher09
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by christopher09 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm

maid08 wrote:yes and its the have nots that give all the time dont you think i mean just look at charity sales and se the dealers who dont give but sell all the time any way im glad im a have and still give because i remmber so well when i never had beleave me

agree but you dont become rich giving it away ,i have never had it ,so i do not miss it ,over time you learn the hard way ,you can be a friend whilst helping and a outsider when not.

once i turned a job down which could have made me a fortune ,but im happy i did,and do not regret it one bit .
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:42 am

09 if youer breathing and have freinds youer rich money just ease.s the burden in life

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:55 pm