Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bird flu

davejsvr

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Bird flu Empty Bird flu

Post by davejsvr Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Just looked on Defra site and they have found bird flu and now isolated it more tests being done right before racing great isn't it
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 1952
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Bird flu Empty Re: Bird flu

Post by maid08 Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:27 pm

is it coincidance they have found it again just before racing season as they have before

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Its Bernard Mathews again, not the strain to worry about apparently. It'll be swept under the carpet again like the last time, oh but we will still be banned from racing, how the hell do they work that one out eh?
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by lenwadebob Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 pm

catelae lofts wrote:Its Bernard Mathews again, not the strain to worry about apparently. It'll be swept under the carpet again like the last time, oh but we will still be banned from racing, how the hell do they work that one out eh?

Yea and I will be stopped from letting out my birds again just like last time. Just when I should be getting the youngsters out

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I was in the same boat as you len, when they found the german swan here in fife. What really pissed me off was, we were all confined to loft but the rest of britain was allowed to fly over us. Bloody crazy, i wouldnt be surprised if this was all planned???
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 pm

catelae lofts wrote:I was in the same boat as you len, when they found the german swan here in fife. What really pissed me off was, we were all confined to loft but the rest of britain was allowed to fly over us. Bloody crazy, i wouldnt be surprised if this was all planned???

Yep same here mate. I only live half mile from BM head office and Yaxley is about 10 mile away. Funny thing is I have 2 brother-in-laws who work for Bernie in the head office and neither of them knew FA about it until it was announced yesterday on the news. I find that very strange....... Bob

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Very strange indeed len. something is going on in there or is he being used as a scape goat. All it takes for someone malicious enough to throw in an infected bird, to wipe you out and turn britain into laughing stock again

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:28 pm

sorry bob Thumbs up
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:33 pm

catelae lofts wrote:sorry bob Thumbs up

No worries Thumbs up I've been called worse :Very Funny:
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 pm

catelae lofts wrote:Very strange indeed len. something is going on in there or is he being used as a scape goat. All it takes for someone malicious enough to throw in an infected bird, to wipe you out and turn britain into laughing stock again

Well they have just made another load redundant so it makes you wonder. Redundancies preceded the last outbreak as well. Bernard Matthews himself has very little to do with the running of his company now as he is a very ill old man now.
    davejsvr

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by davejsvr Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Sorry not!! for him if he or his company are to blame then this time he should be made to pay,We always get the bad bit and for what to enjoy our hobby time the RPRA got firmer and stood our ground,Not back down the jocky club look after there members or am I wrong????????????????
    steve b
    hatchling

Male
    Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post by steve b Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am

funny how they find it after xmas
    maybe we have all bird flu infected turkeys without even knowing it (so maybe they will kill em all of and give a bumper compo payment like last time)
    bernard's thinking bootiful
    :it's all good: Thank you :squawk: :squawk:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:33 am