Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Any good couriers left

maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 1952
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Any good couriers left Empty Any good couriers left

Post by maid08 Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 pm

following the dermise of amtrac i notice a lack of couiers that were claiming to solve our problems of bird collection delivery does anyone know who are still in the bussness of couiers

Any good couriers left Empty Re: Any good couriers left

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 pm

I think a lot of them have buckled under the pressure and blamed other things.

JM couriers has just left me with ten birds for Peterj, so they are still with us, but I hear there are not many left doing it now

I looked at it myself before Amtrak went bust but the networking was a nightmare and I think a lot are realising that now
    Amar
    Amar
    webmaster
    webmaster

Male
    Number of posts : 965

Post by Amar Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:45 pm

im hoping to start my own up very soon

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Webby wrote:im hoping to start my own up very soon

Bradford would be a great hub to run a courier business from as it is central to most places

Thumbs up
    Amar
    Amar
    webmaster
    webmaster

Male
    Number of posts : 965

Post by Amar Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 pm

yep got 5 drivers and 7 vans just need to put my head dwn and sort it out

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:09 pm

Get the networking right and you will be on to a winner, a lot thought it was easy with promises of covering the whole of the UK and Ireland but they soon found out it was not possible, some tried to get franchises together but that never works either, ask Amtrak as this was one of their downfalls as too many individuals trying to run the show their way.
    I seen a lot of crap posted and false promises made that could never be upheld in fact some were just downright lies by would be con men
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:11 pm

well the good thing is webby you got the right attitude for the job i know we have two top and reliable ones as others talk the talk but when the walking needs doing they soon fell by wayside one in wales did anyway
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:13 pm

yes i agree with that post lots claims made but wrong attitude with peaple clearly shows as they aint working
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm

most want to blame others for their rubbish and lies this dont work as most sensable peaple see the truth

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm

You have only have to look at the bankers credit rating to see how they all resemble each other, trying to buy their credibility and talking crap in the right places. Selling themselves as multimillionaires and illusions of grandeur in the hope that they can rule everyone.
    They always get found out in the end and what happens they blame everyone else for their demise.
    Good hardworking ones like JM Couriers are never off the road trying to get the job done and it is them that deserve all the praise not the ones that promised the earth because they thought they owned it.
    I am sure there are a lot more good couriers out there but I never hear of any covering the whole of the UK as a rule. I very rarely hear of any coming to Scotland on a regular basis now they seem to pass on all the work to others it seems
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:46 pm

yes i agree on jm i think they are grafters that just want to be honest with us and work not just select the ones like some that beleave the rubbish or get fooled by peaple that cant know truth from fantasyland these dont last two minuites and as you say blame everyone but themselfs Any good couriers left 46844 but true

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:46 pm

How many are actually still operating now :What!:
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 pm

well jm southern couiers and there partners phanthom flyer roger thats it now rest have gone mate

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:19 am

maid08 wrote:well jm southern couiers and there partners phanthom flyer roger thats it now rest have gone mate

I am not surprised, I honestly looked at it and realised unless you get a networking hub to co ordinate all the deliveries with only one true person taking the responsibility then it would be impossible to achieve. Any person with this capability is almost certainly got a job already, the next would be someone with money to invest in all the setting up required to make it work, then it would be a combination of full and part time staff as pigeon transport has it's peaks and troughs, then it would be getting conscientious staff that cared for what they were doing in respect to understand the needs of livestock/pigeons.
    If you start a business gone are the days when you only done one job and sat on your butt till some one else came along and done something that was not in your contract, you do everything to keep your ship afloat and not blame the water when the boat sinks :soap box:
    We have seen some that have tried and failed for various reasons and I feel sorry for the ones that genuinely tried but not the know it alls that that only thought they did :What!:
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 am

many boasters try but only do.ers stay mate in all aspects life

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:41 am

maid08 wrote:many boasters try but only do.ers stay mate in all aspects life

Yep I have seen them all at some point in life in fact is there not one in the news at the moment called Stanford :Very Funny:
    Paul Thomson
    Paul Thomson
    hatchling

Male
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post by Paul Thomson Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:33 pm

I think the key to being successful from a point of view of scottish fanciers is to use SPDS to do all the pick ups and drop offs in Scotland as they have an established network. Any courier wanting to do a nationwide service would have to in my opinion approach SPDS with a proposal to work together otherwise they will not be able to cover Scotland aswell. If done right it could be a big earner for both companies. I have been trying for over a week to get a bird sent up and nobody is interested.

Paul.
    REMBRANT2COO
    REMBRANT2COO
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by REMBRANT2COO Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 pm

DOVEScot wrote:I think a lot of them have buckled under the pressure and blamed other things.

JM couriers has just left me with ten birds for Peterj, so they are still with us, but I hear there are not many left doing it now

I looked at it myself before Amtrak went bust but the networking was a nightmare and I think a lot are realising that now

what ever u doo don,t go near the basket, woosh 😊 phew!!! :sulk: I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry
    ice maiden
    hatchling

Female
    Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-01-15

Post by ice maiden Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:15 pm

my husband has used southern couriers and uk pigeon couriers they seem to be good, and I heard theres a new one in swansea started, they are all pigeon fanciers so that would be good, at least they will know what they are doing
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:16 pm

oh great we need one in middle wales then it aint difficult to get birds back
    ice maiden
    hatchling

Female

Post by ice maiden Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:22 pm

well the one in swansea has delivered to my husbands friend and seems very nice, i think his name is martins couriers and done a good job with his birds but don't know any phone numbers but i can ask and let everyone know
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:33 pm

hope its not arsewipe useing diffrent name sorry tracker
    ice maiden
    hatchling

Female

Post by ice maiden Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:43 pm

i have heard that pigeon tracker is not trading, not sure if thats right, but someone was trying to ring them for ages and no answer
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:47 pm

good this sport in bad enough state without him in it
    REMBRANT2COO
    REMBRANT2COO
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by REMBRANT2COO Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Paul Thomson wrote:I think the key to being successful from a point of view of scottish fanciers is to use SPDS to do all the pick ups and drop offs in Scotland as they have an established network. Any courier wanting to do a nationwide service would have to in my opinion approach SPDS with a proposal to work together otherwise they will not be able to cover Scotland aswell. If done right it could be a big earner for both companies. I have been trying for over a week to get a bird sent up and nobody is interested.

Paul.

sorted paul mate with u real soon

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Paul Thomson wrote:I think the key to being successful from a point of view of scottish fanciers is to use SPDS to do all the pick ups and drop offs in Scotland as they have an established network. Any courier wanting to do a nationwide service would have to in my opinion approach SPDS with a proposal to work together otherwise they will not be able to cover Scotland aswell. If done right it could be a big earner for both companies. I have been trying for over a week to get a bird sent up and nobody is interested.

Paul.

Apparently SPDS are interested in dropping off birds to addresses but not interested in picking them up from addresses if they involved with another courier.
    I could see the logistics of that in the fact that they getting them delivered to a depot by a customers courier then dropping them off, ending their responsibility, but the other way is picking up birds and taking them to a depot(further south is Manchester) and relying on a courier to pick them up which may jeopardize their service as they would be then responsible to the customer they collected from :What!:

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:24 pm

REMBRANT2COO wrote:
    DOVEScot wrote:I think a lot of them have buckled under the pressure and blamed other things.

what ever u doo don,t go near the basket, woosh 😊 phew!!! :sulk: I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry

Chick would be in charge so you would have been safe enough, your canary is next if it makes too much noise this time Any good couriers left 156687

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Local couriers are and have been around even when Amtrak was still on the go and they always will be, the hard part is establishing a national courier who can give you a reasonable time frame of both picking up and dropping birds off, I can't see that happening in the near future :sulk:
    Paul Thomson
    Paul Thomson
    hatchling

Male
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post by Paul Thomson Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:20 am

REMBRANT2COO wrote:

Paul.

sorted paul mate with u real soon

Thanks Harry very much appreciated.

Paul.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 am