Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

chicken corn vs highprotine

maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 1952
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

chicken corn vs highprotine Empty chicken corn vs highprotine

Post by maid08 Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:47 pm

now when the birds finish breeding i put them on chicken corn the reason being it keeps the waight of them and i prefer it to just barly ???now i have four youngsters the are weekhalf old and are absilute crackers fat fit and healthy this leaves me to wonder with corn at 9quid odd a bag for 20kilio.s and chicken corn at 5quid why buy pigeon corn the only diffrance is chicken corn is smaller bits maze in it
    MIKE1957
    MIKE1957
    Global moderators
    Global moderators

Male
    Number of posts : 488
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

chicken corn vs highprotine Empty Re: chicken corn vs highprotine

Post by MIKE1957 Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 pm

maid08 wrote:now when the birds finish breeding i put them on chicken corn the reason being it keeps the waight of them and i prefer it to just barly ???now i have four youngsters the are weekhalf old and are absilute crackers fat fit and healthy this leaves me to wonder with corn at 9quid odd a bag for 20kilio.s and chicken corn at 5quid why buy pigeon corn the only diffrance is chicken corn is smaller bits maze in it

i give mine chicken corn and they love it and they seem to fly very well on it
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 1952
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Post by maid08 Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:16 pm

yes mike thats the other thing theydo??? and its strange but they also are not looking for grub all the time and look well if a bit lean but im getting hour out of them with no effort at all
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by lenwadebob Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:29 am

Good question Chris and got me thinking (unusual I know :Very Funny: ) With regard to rearing, I wonder how many "fancy" breeders feed 'top' corn when rearing youngsters or in fact at any time, not that many I would have thought, and yet they all breed fit and healthy youngsters. The man over the way from me keeps garden doves and breeds loads every year and they 'fly for England' fit as fiddles, and put my birds to shame as far as fitness is concerned. Take the Tippler, Tumbler and Roller fraternity, I wonder if they feed 'top' corn at upwards of £12-13 a bag, and yet their birds are on the wing for 8 and 10 hours a day every day.
    I am sure he wont mind me mentioning his name but Jason Phillips told me earlier this year that his babies were fed nothing but Barley right up until he started training, and he told me the other day in conversation, that they were the fittest team of youngsters he has every had. So there must be some truth in it.
    How much of the grain that is in these "High Priced" mixtures that we all feed our youngsters is actually grown in this country, not a lot, and yet if/when our birds go fielding, as some do, they are picking on fields of wheat, corn, barley, so it seems fairly obvious to me that they prefer it, or they wouldn't go looking for it. You wont find many fields of Hemp, Maple Peas, Milo, Lentils, Safflower, Peanuts and other such grains grown in this country, or in fact in Belgium or Holland, so are we feeding our birds on unnatural grains. So I ask the Question "Are we humans once again interfering with nature" excuse the pun but "Food for Thought"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm