Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
DAVIDL
maid08
lenwadebob
7 posters

This site

Poll

why has it gone so quiet here?

[ 1 ]
    This site Bar_left11%This site Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    This site Bar_left11%This site Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 2 ]
    This site Bar_left22%This site Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 5 ]
    This site Bar_left56%This site Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 9

This site Empty This site

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

This post is to all the people that come on this site to respond to if they would be kind enough. I know many view it on a regular basis so please take the poll even if you dont wish to post.

Please if you will when viewing take the poll just as a matter of my own personal curiosity.
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

This site Empty Re: This site

Post by lenwadebob Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 pm

My answer is not up there Mark.
    If more people were to post, regardless of how insignificant they think it may be then, that in itself will stimulate others to respond and perhaps start a new thread themselves.

You only have to look at other sites to see some of the topics that have been on over and over again, but they still get a response from the members. JMO

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Granted Bob but when things started to go down hill there were, shall we say, "dark forces at work" and I was curious as to how far reaching that went. There are plenty of people that view the site regularly that could easilly post but for some strange reason they dont. Are you not just a little curious yourself? It will be ok as we are not cats This site 495735
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 pm

I have to admit that I have had a number of 'snide' remarks aimed at me on another site because I am an Administrator on here, but I am like a well fed fish, I haven't taken the bait.
    I also believe that there are other members who have had similar treatment from people, who's sole intention it is to cause trouble. I am sure if someone was to post a controversial topic on here, you would soon see who the trouble makers are.
    Personally I think the good bona fide members, who come on here, feel a little intimidated or frightened to post, for fear of repercussions.
    I believe in freedom of speech, and that everyone has a right to an opinion, but as I have found to my expense, when I have voiced an opinion elsewhere, that if it is not to the liking of the select clique of troublemakers, you get bombarded with a torrent of abuse. Unfortunately for the vast majority, they would rather keep them selves to themselves and just be onlookers.

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 6:03 pm

well to be honest to blame the downfall of the site on what happened with a few or a certain member i feel is wrong as i think with any new site at the start its gets it fair share of on lookers and then the fad starts to fade bit like a new pub This site 495735 but most end up going back to there local and i do a know a few pll are sour with the treatment of chick on here also lately most of the recent posts when u log in are just jokes im not knocking just saying how i feel for a new forum to thrive with so much competition has to have something different something new im not sure what that may be maybe something along the lines of a loft vist report with one or two top fanicers and the members get to set the questions as im sure there are questions we all like answers too

all im saying is the competition out there for forums is tough when u have forums that are going years and have a base of members so to get more pll here or more regular something different needs to be done

or even the site could set up a YouTube account showing birds with different ailments e.g bad droppings cancer in the mouth also more serious ailments ie parathyroid and the list goes on and on as we pigeon fanicers know

it will only be with inventive thinking that a new pigeon forum will succeed with so much competition maybe these ideas will not work but thinking along these lines of doing something new and different i feel is the way to go anyway better go best of luck
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm

pigeon mad wrote:well to be honest to blame the downfall of the site on what happened with a few or a certain member i feel is wrong as i think with any new site at the start its gets it fair share of on lookers and then the fad starts to fade bit like a new pub This site 495735 but most end up going back to there local and i do a know a few pll are sour with the treatment of chick on here also lately most of the recent posts when u log in are just jokes im not knocking just saying how i feel for a new forum to thrive with so much competition has to have something different something new im not sure what that may be maybe something along the lines of a loft vist report with one or two top fanicers and the members get to set the questions as im sure there are questions we all like answers too

all im saying is the competition out there for forums is tough when u have forums that are going years and have a base of members so to get more pll here or more regular something different needs to be done

or even the site could set up a YouTube account showing birds with different ailments e.g bad droppings cancer in the mouth also more serious ailments ie parathyroid and the list goes on and on as we pigeon fanicers know

it will only be with inventive thinking that a new pigeon forum will succeed with so much competition maybe these ideas will not work but thinking along these lines of doing something new and different i feel is the way to go anyway better go best of luck

Good post and some good content, but I don't think anyone is blaming anyone for the drop in activity on the site, nor do I think that the original poster was asking people to point fingers

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 6:40 pm

not being smart but what does the first poll option mean
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Thu May 14, 2009 6:59 pm

pigeon mad wrote:not being smart but what does the first poll option mean

Personally I don't know the answer to that, I wasn't the original poster.
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 1952
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Post by maid08 Thu May 14, 2009 7:09 pm

swell it quite clearly asks were you contacted with derogortory and missleading accuesations one thing i have picked up already is chick who made things sour for chick the only thing i remmber is the continued questions were in end she was warned on not continueing by me as i hope if i keep overstepping the mark i will get the same ????? we all miss chick and yes dunc but from what developed the right path was taken ??in my view chick i beleave was asked to come back the answer was no
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Thu May 14, 2009 7:12 pm

i have to take her to work but will be back to be ripped apart as it seems im always wtrong but im not putting up with it anymore even if members dont like truth they will get it

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 7:29 pm

maid08 wrote:i have to take her to work but will be back to be ripped apart as it seems im always wtrong but im not putting up with it anymore even if members dont like truth they will get it

no one riping anyone apart This site 495735 but what i would say is i think superstar wanted members to be honest and that is what i have done in all fairness chris i put up a post with some views to the make the site better and u never commented on them at least bob said good or great post as a moderator trying to promote the site and lets be honest not going to well at the moment u decided to pull out one point which was slightly controversial well that not too wellcoming now is it to a member with just a handful of posts at the end of the day if we carry on at this the thread will go off topic of what the original poster wanted and aint that against the rules only messing This site 495735
    DAVIDL
    DAVIDL
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post by DAVIDL Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 pm

i think there are too many pigeon politicians on these forums, who analise every comment too much and usually come to the wrong conclusion....mainly just because they are looking for trouble.

there is too much sniping and backstabbing on a lot of forums, i dont know why members cant just do what the forums for and talk pigeons....

ive also found that people are too keen to shout their mouths off when hiding behind a keyboard.....

who cares anyway....just get on with talking pigeons and for those that dont want this....GO AWAY..... Thumbs up

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 7:45 pm

DAVIDL wrote:i think there are too many pigeon politicians on these forums, who analise every comment too much and usually come to the wrong conclusion....mainly just because they are looking for trouble.

there is too much sniping and backstabbing on a lot of forums, i dont know why members cant just do what the forums for and talk pigeons....

ive also found that people are too keen to shout their mouths off when hiding behind a keyboard.....

who cares anyway....just get on with talking pigeons and for those that dont want this....GO AWAY..... Thumbs up

great post couldent have put it better my self
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Thu May 14, 2009 8:47 pm

yep fully agree off you both go as you are obviously not open to the facts ??this site was progressing along nicely untill a misshap that i and other members were aware of this resulted in a lot of crap from dickhead with multy alias.s not helped by member who would not help or listen this again caused lot problems but if you both note since they are no longer here there has been no problems yes its quite but all sites are you cannot compare this one to basics chat or anyother site they are well established now if we alter the layout to one that you can post and get instant responce without running round to do so i think it will improve yes we need more topics yes we also need more info but the reson the poll was put here was to ask in one sense why members are not posting but lots logging in and not commenting if threads were live and easy to acess they would im sure i have been asked few times why chatbox is quite
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Thu May 14, 2009 8:52 pm

so there

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 pm

maid08 wrote:yep fully agree off you both go as you are obviously not open to the facts ??this site was progressing along nicely untill a misshap that i and other members were aware of this resulted in a lot of crap from dickhead with multy alias.s not helped by member who would not help or listen this again caused lot problems but if you both note since they are no longer here there has been no problems yes its quite but all sites are you cannot compare this one to basics chat or anyother site they are well established now if we alter the layout to one that you can post and get instant responce without running round to do so i think it will improve yes we need more topics yes we also need more info but the reson the poll was put here was to ask in one sense why members are not posting but lots logging in and not commenting if threads were live and easy to acess they would im sure i have been asked few times why chatbox is quite

this thread was posted i think in what can be put right not went wrong ive tried to move away from it in two posts already but u keep coming back too it why why why as a mod surely u should be setting a example and try to post positive on what the site can be and the comment off u both go dont really help i did try to put my angle on how the site could improve and be different to others but yet still no reply to that yes we need more topics but to get more topics we need members to post that why i suggested a loft visit with where members set the questions
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Thu May 14, 2009 9:04 pm

you asked question regarding poll one i gave you my answer yes im mod so that means i dont have an opinion on why this site is quite ??????youer surrgestion on loft visit is good

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 9:05 pm

maid08 wrote:you asked question regarding poll one i gave you my answer yes im mod so that means i dont have an opinion on why this site is quite ??????youer surrgestion on loft visit is good

thanks appericated
    DAVIDL
    DAVIDL
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by DAVIDL Thu May 14, 2009 9:07 pm

its not the quantity of members on the site its the quality of the members, if a site has good members who support it and are regularly active and making posts that is the main thing. let me just say this to prove what i am saying....i have my own site and at the moment there are only 22 members registered, but i can garantee that every night it will be more active than "some others" who have hundreds of members....
    on the point of why are people not using the chat box.....where is it ??? down at the bottom of the page where no one can see it? you want it at the top of the home page on permanant view.....

Last edited by DAVIDL on Thu May 14, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Amar
    Amar
    webmaster
    webmaster

Male
    Number of posts : 965

Post by Amar Thu May 14, 2009 9:09 pm

thank you david i will move the chat box see if it will make a differnce fingers crossed the chat box is on the home page at the top

Last edited by Amar on Thu May 14, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DAVIDL
    DAVIDL
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by DAVIDL Thu May 14, 2009 9:11 pm

it is the main thing on my site...without it id be stuffed
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Thu May 14, 2009 9:12 pm

whats youer site david
    Bob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2009-04-22

Post by Bob Fri May 15, 2009 12:55 am

I don't post often as I view the site ever night or early morning on my phone.
    I do get confused as to who folks are, some have differant names
    on other forums, I see a guest posting but not sure how this is done or who it is or was.

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2009 9:26 am

Bob wrote:I don't post often as I view the site ever night or early morning on my phone.
    I do get confused as to who folks are, some have differant names
    on other forums, I see a guest posting but not sure how this is done or who it is or was.

Hello Bob, Thanks for taking the time to post, cant understand why people use different user names if their normal one is still available myself to be honest but thats how it goes, guess a little confusion keeps us on our toes This site 495735. The reason for the posts by Guest user is they have been removed or removed themselves from the site which does not remove their postings just their user name and usage.
    Freebird
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Freebird Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 pm

I look in here frequently and do occasionally post. I do not race birds but have recently got tumblers so really it is advice and knowledge I seek but if I aint got a problem then I can't post. I can't tic any of the above box's. I could probably respond to certain fancy bird questions but unfortunately there arn't any!
    ice maiden
    hatchling

Female
    Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-01-15

Post by ice maiden Sat May 16, 2009 3:58 pm

I view in here regular, but nobody is on the same time as me so I talk to myself. pigeon mad has made a good point in what he says, put up loft visits, would be interesting for people to see pictures of birds that have different ailments, then they could be helped by members on here, don't think any other chat forums have that, :yes: ???
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

ice maiden wrote:I view in here regular, but nobody is on the same time as me so I talk to myself. pigeon mad has made a good point in what he says, put up loft visits, would be interesting for people to see pictures of birds that have different ailments, then they could be helped by members on here, don't think any other chat forums have that, :yes: ???

Good reply Megan, will sort out some info, pics of ailments and start a new thread Thumbs up

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 9:43 pm

lenwadebob wrote:
    ice maiden wrote:I view in here regular, but nobody is on the same time as me so I talk to myself. pigeon mad has made a good point in what he says, put up loft visits, would be interesting for people to see pictures of birds that have different ailments, then they could be helped by members on here, don't think any other chat forums have that, :yes: ???

Good reply Megan, will sort out some info, pics of ailments and start a new thread Thumbs up

maybe it can be made a sticky where it wont be lost in around the rest of the threads
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Sat May 16, 2009 10:41 pm

pigeon mad wrote:
    lenwadebob wrote:

maybe it can be made a sticky where it wont be lost in around the rest of the threads

That will be done 😉
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sat May 16, 2009 11:39 pm

can we have a singles thread as well for men and women to get aquinted then have dates
    ice maiden
    hatchling

Female
    Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-01-15

Post by ice maiden Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm

trust you to say that maid, It's nice to see that people will have new ideas and i'm sure there are many more out there so come on people put your thinking caps on :#####:
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun May 17, 2009 12:53 pm

well we need young fanciers dont we and if they hit it off we would get some :Very Funny: :Very Funny: :yes: 😉
    DAVIDL
    DAVIDL
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by DAVIDL Sun May 17, 2009 7:03 pm

well you are right about the site being quiet, with 234 members i cant understand it ....seems as though at one point the site was very active but one thing that springs to mind as to why ...is maybe because its racing season so maybe its something to do with that???? then again on the other hand you could say it should be busy because its racing season???
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun May 17, 2009 7:36 pm

well its been a while i agree but in comparesson to some sites this has more going through than it looks like some changes to layout could help
    Bob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2009-04-22

Post by Bob Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 am

I also think ice maiden has a very good point. Pictures or Vids of birds that have different ailments and perhaps pic’s of droppings etc. You could start with something like canker and do an ailment every week or two. How about a poll so members can vote on what treatment they use this could then be pigeonbasics.net recommendation with a second and third recommendation. Also how often do we treat and when do we treat etc etc etc.
    I find when I have a problem with a bird, every site gives different info on what’s the best treatment and what to give the bird. Most say take the bird to a vet but the lads round my way say that’s a waste of £30 half the time the vet don’t know and just gives an antibiotic. As I am new to pigeons who am I to argue?
    Freebird
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Freebird Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 am

Bob wrote:I also think ice maiden has a very good point. Pictures or Vids of birds that have different ailments and perhaps pic’s of droppings etc. You could start with something like canker and do an ailment every week or two. How about a poll so members can vote on what treatment they use this could then be pigeonbasics.net recommendation with a second and third recommendation. Also how often do we treat and when do we treat etc etc etc.
    I find when I have a problem with a bird, every site gives different info on what’s the best treatment and what to give the bird. Most say take the bird to a vet but the lads round my way say that’s a waste of £30 half the time the vet don’t know and just gives an antibiotic. As I am new to pigeons who am I to argue?
    I think the most important thing to remember when offering advice is not to jump to conclusions as for example wet droppings can be a sign of a multitude of things and the person asking the questions will be thinking the worst when infact the bird may not even be ill at all. As to treatments, I personally think they are overdone and we need to rely more on the birds own build up of immunity etc. Saying that, I too am a novice and I do not race birds so this is only my opinion. Also I think when replying to a worried fancier there should maybe be a simple check list, i.e. how long he has had the bird, when did it start showing symptoms, etc. etc. I have had a lot of good advice from fanciers on here and other sites but in the end it is down to the fancier himself to use the information and act accordingly. Not an easy situation but in my opinion better than going it alone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 pm