Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Chat poll

Poll

Should it be on the chit chat box or on the chat boards

[ 4 ]
    Chat poll Bar_left31%Chat poll Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Chat poll Bar_left31%Chat poll Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Chat poll Bar_left15%Chat poll Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Chat poll Bar_left23%Chat poll Bar_right [23%] 

Total Votes: 13

Chat poll Empty Chat poll

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:09 pm

Should the chit chat be done on the chat box or the chat board, both or don't you care for the chat

Personally I find it confusing when too many people are on and I see some logging off if they can't get involved in the conversations, small cliques start to form and conversations cross each other, if can be funny at times but it can also be annoying and create trouble. :sulk:

Being very slow at typing and being dyslexic does not help either when answering as by the time I get my point everyone has went off 😊

For admin it is very hard to police the only option we have is to delete all conversations and clear the boards :it's Chat poll 532923:
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Number of posts : 1952
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Chat poll Empty Re: Chat poll

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:22 pm

why another one?????
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by lenwadebob Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:26 pm

I enjoy the chat box personally, any confusion is easily remedied by typing the name of the person you are chatting too

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 pm

maid08 wrote:why another one?????

Another what chris
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:31 pm

this is second one i voted on and i commented on other
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 pm

unless i typed it and never posted it im cracking up

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:44 pm

maid08 wrote:this is second one i voted on and i commented on other

I could get you even more confused than you really are but that would be unfair

I deleted the first one as I added the option of both, you must have voted between times

I'm sorry
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:47 pm

thank f for that :Chat poll 310320: Chat poll 537469 :ouch!!!!:
    chickadiesel
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by chickadiesel Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:51 pm

I personally like the chat box and would hate to see it go.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:19 pm

maid08 wrote:thank f for that :Chat poll 310320: Chat poll 537469 :ouch!!!!:

Next you will be seeing aliens

Chat poll 6a9ea934 Chat poll A00668cb Chat poll Bc41d759 Chat poll Bc15367a Chat poll 7c679363

Or even leprechauns

Chat poll 485dede8 Chat poll 9011634f Chat poll Df94dc29 Chat poll 1d31904a Chat poll 302df4af

Whatever you do don't kiss the frog

Chat poll 5bc40337
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:24 pm

or fairys chaseing my babys round the fields Chat poll 230749

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 pm

maid08 wrote:or fairys chaseing my babys round the fields Chat poll 230749

I thought the fairys would be chasing the rams 😉
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:28 pm

these days they aint choosy it seems :Very Funny: phew!!!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Poor wee lambs :it's Chat poll 532923:

Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:34 pm

:yes: Chat poll 346887 roast

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:37 pm

maid08 wrote::yes: Chat poll 346887 roast

You love rat!!! or is it You love rat???
    maid08
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

Post by maid08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 pm

:Very Funny: :Very Funny:
    chickadiesel
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by chickadiesel Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:05 am

DOVEScot wrote:Poor wee lambs :it's Chat poll 532923:

Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84Chat poll E69e3a84

ha ha ha thought I just heard the landrover peeping its horn for you chris, Chat poll 495735

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:33 am

I voted for both, I think the chat box is great thats why I use it regular and a chat board is also fun for a bit of delayed banter. Just wondering if there is something in the pipeline that will take some of this away from us? I personally hope not.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 am

superstar wrote:I voted for both, I think the chat box is great that's why I use it regular and a chat board is also fun for a bit of delayed banter. Just wondering if there is something in the pipeline that will take some of this away from us? I personally hope not.

Nothing in the pipeline Superstar, but we have a lot of members wanting access to the chat box but very few use it then we get complaints about things that are said on it. As I stated in an email to all members it is very hard to police unlike the boards which are easier as the posts remain.
    At least by asking members to vote and voice their opinion we can get an idea why
    DOVEScot
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:03 am

DOVEScot wrote:
    superstar wrote:I voted for both, I think the chat box is great that's why I use it regular and a chat board is also fun for a bit of delayed banter. Just wondering if there is something in the pipeline that will take some of this away from us? I personally hope not.

Nothing in the pipeline Superstar, but we have a lot of members wanting access to the chat box but very few use it then we get complaints about things that are said on it. As I stated in an email to all members it is very hard to police unlike the boards which are easier as the posts remain.
    At least by asking members to vote and voice their opinion we can get an idea why
    DOVEScot

The same issue arises at any level, be it club, Federation or National level. Things that are said within a meeting are recorded and can be used as evidence in any dispute. Likewise chat/banter that is said in the bar after a meeting is not recorded and would not hold water in any dispute. Posts made on the board are there for all to see and are only removed if and when deemed necessary. Posts made on the chat box are only their for a short period and then not available for further reference. I suggest an auto clear system be implemented where once a given number of posts are made on the chat box (say 100)it is wiped clean, and a post to that effect be placed for all to see on entry to the chat box.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:23 am

lenwadebob wrote:
    DOVEScot wrote:

DOVEScot

The same issue arises at any level, be it club, Federation or National level. Things that are said within a meeting are recorded and can be used as evidence in any dispute. Likewise chat/banter that is said in the bar after a meeting is not recorded and would not hold water in any dispute. Posts made on the board are there for all to see and are only removed if and when deemed necessary. Posts made on the chat box are only their for a short period and then not available for further reference. I suggest an auto clear system be implemented where once a given number of posts are made on the chat box (say 100)it is wiped clean, and a post to that effect be placed for all to see on entry to the chat box.

That is what happens Bob, messages are automatically cleared once the space has been used up, it is not recorded or kept on the site it may however be recorded by the host server.
    Members can copy and paste the box but their are some that are picking at the bones, by their own admission taking screen shots to to make a meal out what is said in chat box
    Bob even though the meeting is finished if a statement is made outside that meeting you can still be held accountable, especially if you are an official you will be brought to task nothing surer.
    Personally I think if you don't want people to hear or see what you say then keep it to yourself or in private conversations and not on ant part of the forum
    DOVEScot
    lenwadebob
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

Male

Post by lenwadebob Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:41 am

DOVEScot wrote:
    lenwadebob wrote:
    DOVEScot wrote:

DOVEScot

That is what happens Bob, messages are automatically cleared once the space has been used up, it is not recorded or kept on the site it may however be recorded by the host server.
    Members can copy and paste the box but their are some that are picking at the bones, by their own admission taking screen shots to to make a meal out what is said in chat box
    Bob even though the meeting is finished if a statement is made outside that meeting you can still be held accountable, especially if you are an official you will be brought to task nothing surer. I stand corrected
    Personally I think if you don't want people to hear or see what you say then keep it to yourself or in private conversations and not on ant part of the forum I agree 100% but not everyone sees it as you or I do
    DOVEScot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:39 pm