Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Driving hard.

Bob
    old bird
    old bird

Male
    Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2009-04-22

Driving hard. Empty Driving hard.

Post by Bob Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:06 pm

I have a yearling cock driving a 2yr old hen very hard. As soon as she leaves the nest the cock is after her she bearly has time to drink. The cock sits by the nest and hen all day only leaving her side now and then to collect straw. The funny thing is the hen has been sat on eggs for the last week. The cock will not sit the eggs but just drives the hen to the nest.
    administrator
    administrator
    Global moderators
    Global moderators

Male
    Number of posts : 420
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Driving hard. Empty Re: Driving hard.

Post by administrator Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Bob wrote:I have a yearling cock driving a 2yr old hen very hard. As soon as she leaves the nest the cock is after her she bearly has time to drink. The cock sits by the nest and hen all day only leaving her side now and then to collect straw. The funny thing is the hen has been sat on eggs for the last week. The cock will not sit the eggs but just drives the hen to the nest.
    strange are the eggs getting covered all day by the hen what i would do mate is move her eggs and give her dummys count the days and see if the cock sits if he dont you will lose the young later

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 pm