Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics


    Indian Fantails

    Share
    avatar
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

    Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Age : 55
    Location : Glenrothes
    Points : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

    Indian Fantails

    Post by chickadiesel on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:17 pm

    Dovescot and I saw an advertisement in the paper about Indian Fantails, so we decided to go and have a look at them, the guy at the farm said his father had to give up the hobby due to illness,he was one of the top indian fantail show fanciers in scotland.His family were too busy dealing with the horses to look after the birds.
    We arrived at the farm and was shown into the shed he called a loft, only to be disgusted at what we saw, these poor birds were covered in their own excrement, their nails had huge balls of dried in poo so they found it difficult to walk. :o I couldn't help feeling sorry for these birds so I asked Dovescot to pay the man money for them just to take them off his hands, we have spent all day today cleaning their feet and bathing them to help them feel nice again, we will be treating them also, they are up in the hut recouperating after their bathing ritual today, so we'll give them peace tomorrow to let them settle a bit then on wednesday we will bathe them again, they are georgous birds, (or will be).
    Dovescot will post photos as soon as possible.
    avatar
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

    Number of posts : 1952
    Points : 746
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

    zzz

    Post by maid08 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm

    so now we have the danclan indean breeding stud cos loads will buy um i should think well done both

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:14 pm

    maid08 wrote:so now we have the danclan indean breeding stud cos loads will buy um i should think well done both

    I would rather have paid to put them out of their misery than left them there and Carol agreed, the guy was one of the top showmen at one time, he had about 12 lofts and aviaries, 20 coups and runs, 20 hutches and runs on the farm, to see such a thing just go waste
    He used to have every type of fancy pigeon, he also showed rabbits and poultry and now there is nothing but horses on the farm :(
    I went because the son said there were four white indian fantail hens, which turned out to be Gardain Fantails, he wanted a £20 each so I just bought the lot and brought them down the road, thay are in isolation cages till we treat them all and then see what happens
    avatar
    maid08
    old bird
    old bird

    Number of posts : 1952
    Points : 746
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

    zz

    Post by maid08 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm

    well good on you mate hope they turn out fine for you

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:16 pm

    maid08 wrote:well good on you mate hope they turn out fine for you

    I may just auction them off for charity or help out a new start, they are cracking quality and colours of birds, once they are treated and groomed by Carol I will post the before and after pics :D
    avatar
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Age : 70
    Location : Location, Location
    Points : 434
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by lenwadebob on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:49 pm

    DOVEScot wrote:
    maid08 wrote:well good on you mate hope they turn out fine for you

    I may just auction them off for charity or help out a new start, they are cracking quality and colours of birds, once they are treated and groomed by Carol I will post the before and after pics :D

    Duncan and Carol, what a terrific act. Nothing but praise for you both. I had a similar situation 3 years ago, will tell you the story at a later date. I will willingly take them off you to put in my aviary of fancies, and make a donation to what ever charity you choose

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:30 pm

    lenwadebob wrote:
    DOVEScot wrote:
    maid08 wrote:well good on you mate hope they turn out fine for you

    I may just auction them off for charity or help out a new start, they are cracking quality and colours of birds, once they are treated and groomed by Carol I will post the before and after pics :D

    Duncan and Carol, what a terrific act. Nothing but praise for you both. I had a similar situation 3 years ago, will tell you the story at a later date. I will willingly take them off you to put in my aviary of fancies, and make a donation to what ever charity you choose

    Thanks Bob and you are welcome to have first chance on them once we see how they turn out, they look really healthy, well fed and nice birds but we will treat them and get some droppings tested before we make any decision, worst case scenario is they will have to be culled if they have any nasties that can't be treated, best case scenario is they are from the best of stock and will be potential show stock and be a great start to a new show fancier, other than that they make great pets, feeders and droppers
    Bearing in mind there are 17 of them but as I say you will get first chance of them once we know more
    avatar
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Age : 70
    Location : Location, Location
    Points : 434
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by lenwadebob on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:34 pm

    DOVEScot wrote:
    lenwadebob wrote:
    DOVEScot wrote:
    maid08 wrote:well good on you mate hope they turn out fine for you

    I may just auction them off for charity or help out a new start, they are cracking quality and colours of birds, once they are treated and groomed by Carol I will post the before and after pics :D

    Duncan and Carol, what a terrific act. Nothing but praise for you both. I had a similar situation 3 years ago, will tell you the story at a later date. I will willingly take them off you to put in my aviary of fancies, and make a donation to what ever charity you choose

    Thanks Bob and you are welcome to have first chance on them once we see how they turn out, they look really healthy, well fed and nice birds but we will treat them and get some droppings tested before we make any decision, worst case scenario is they will have to be culled if they have any nasties that can't be treated, best case scenario is they are from the best of stock and will be potential show stock and be a great start to a new show fancier, other than that they make great pets, feeders and droppers
    Bearing in mind there are 17 of them but as I say you will get first chance of them once we know more

    Thanks mate, I would like a few pairs for the wife.
    avatar
    Paul Thomson
    hatchling

    Male
    Number of posts : 45
    Age : 49
    Location : Forres
    Points : 54
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Paul Thomson on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm

    Well done you two. Those poor birds develop better care than they were getting. Well done again.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:47 am

    lenwadebob wrote:

    Thanks mate, I would like a few pairs for the wife.

    That's a fair swap, what is she like at cooking and cleaning, a pic would be nice as well :!: :!: :!:
    avatar
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Age : 70
    Location : Location, Location
    Points : 434
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by lenwadebob on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:22 am

    DOVEScot wrote:
    lenwadebob wrote:

    Thanks mate, I would like a few pairs for the wife.

    That's a fair swap, what is she like at cooking and cleaning, a pic would be nice as well :!: :!: :!:

    What do you think I am like, I'm a fair bloke, and I wouldn't rob you :!: :!: :!:
    avatar
    micko & JACK now 2
    hatchling

    Male
    Number of posts : 24
    Location : BELFAST IRELAND
    Points : 0
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by micko & JACK now 2 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:05 pm

    hi carol I know your very very busy
    with all the looking after the
    birds LOFT and that
    Duncan fellow sure all he does
    is sit on his a**e all day at the computer
    WE ALL KNOW THAT
    NO NEED FOR YOU TO HAVE TO CONFIRM THAT
    carol did you do this
    carol did you do that
    BUT
    I cant wait to see the photos of the Indians you SAVED
    avatar
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

    Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Age : 55
    Location : Glenrothes
    Points : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by chickadiesel on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:33 pm

    We are going to wait untill the weather gets a bitty better eg not so windy or rainy and give them another real good bath again and let them dry as some of them still look a bit on the grubby side (although I have to say not half as bad as they were) then we'll take the photos, at the moment we are letting them settle to me going in to feed them, then the next bath they get they won't be too alarmed as they'll be more used to me, have been feeding them seed with a little oil through it to help get oils back into them to, and giving them cider vinegar in their water etc. hopefully in the next couple of days we'll be able to post pics.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:47 pm

    This is the condition some of them were is when we arrived at the farm



    We have now cleaned them and they are a lot better







    We will soon have them looking like this Thumbs up


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm

    I finished the temporary hut for them untill someone wants them, they have been wormed etc and looking a lot better, some work needed done on the feather quality but as you can see a lot better

    Anyone interested in them let me or Chickadiesel know, first come first served and I can bring them to Blackpool if needed





    one


    two


    three


    four


    five


    six


    seven


    eight


    nine


    ten


    eleven


    twelve


    thirteen


    forteen


    fifteen


    sixteen


    seventeen
    avatar
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Age : 70
    Location : Location, Location
    Points : 434
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by lenwadebob on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 pm

    Could I have 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 17 please DOVEScot

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:15 pm

    lenwadebob wrote:Could I have 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 17 please DOVEScot

    No problem I will remove their pics Thumbs up
    avatar
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Age : 70
    Location : Location, Location
    Points : 434
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by lenwadebob on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:18 pm

    DOVEScot wrote:
    lenwadebob wrote:Could I have 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 17 please DOVEScot

    No problem I will remove their pics Thumbs up

    Thanks mate Thumbs up

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 pm

    one


    two


    three


    four


    eight


    eleven


    twelve


    thirteen


    forteen


    fifteen


    sixteen
    avatar
    gooner
    hatchling

    Male
    Number of posts : 51
    Age : 44
    Location : norwich,norfolk
    Points : 23
    Registration date : 2008-12-29

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by gooner on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:34 pm

    if stll available i will take lots 4 8 14 15 and if pos give them to dad at blackpool
    dad is lenwadebob

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:55 pm

    gooner wrote:if stll available i will take lots 4 8 14 15 and if pos give them to dad at blackpool
    dad is lenwadebob

    No problem Thumbs up
    avatar
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Age : 70
    Location : Location, Location
    Points : 434
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by lenwadebob on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 pm

    gooner wrote:if stll available i will take lots 4 8 14 15 and if pos give them to dad at blackpool
    dad is lenwadebob

    What's your crack, Good ol' Dad. You can't pair them to your race birds you know, you will need a good tail wind for them to win :Not a chance: :Very Funny: :Very Funny:

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:03 pm

    only ones left, good for droppers Thumbs up
    one


    two


    three


    eleven


    twelve


    thirteen


    sixteen

    christopher09
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Age : 53
    Points : 106
    Registration date : 2009-01-21

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by christopher09 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:52 am

    well done nice looking birds Thumbs up
    avatar
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

    Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Age : 55
    Location : Glenrothes
    Points : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by chickadiesel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:08 pm

    How did your wife like the indian fantails you got bob? Hope they give her hours of endless pleasure, can just picture her out watching them.
    avatar
    lenwadebob
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 632
    Age : 70
    Location : Location, Location
    Points : 434
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by lenwadebob on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:16 pm

    chickadiesel wrote:How did your wife like the indian fantails you got bob? Hope they give her hours of endless pleasure, can just picture her out watching them.

    She is over the moon with them, and I would publicly like to thank both you and Duncan for the birds. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I have to say a real genuine couple Thumbs up
    avatar
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

    Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Age : 55
    Location : Glenrothes
    Points : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by chickadiesel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:02 pm

    lenwadebob wrote:
    chickadiesel wrote:How did your wife like the indian fantails you got bob? Hope they give her hours of endless pleasure, can just picture her out watching them.

    She is over the moon with them, and I would publicly like to thank both you and Duncan for the birds. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I have to say a real genuine couple Thumbs up

    Aw shucks, :: It was a real pleasure meeting you too bob, just wish we could've had more time and we could've met your wife also. Thumbs up

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 pm

    well done, you 2, just what the world needs, people who help others. nice looking birds mates, as you know i got the 2 white ones from you for the purpose of trapping. what ones are best for trapping? in your opinion.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:28 pm

    catelae lofts wrote:well done, you 2, just what the world needs, people who help others. nice looking birds mates, as you know i got the 2 white ones from you for the purpose of trapping. what ones are best for trapping? in your opinion.

    The Indians don't fly nearly as good as the normal fantails but I know a lot of fanciers that got both Indian and Exhibition Fantails off me in the past for trappers and sitter/feeders

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:41 pm

    I,ll see how it goes this year, hopefully i wont need to entice them in, i,ll let you know how i get on. They should be rearing 2 of my racers come tuesday/wednesday. Thats me got 4 yb soon to be 10, so all is going well at the moment.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 pm

    All birds are now gone plus another three I got from another fancier and in a lot better condition than when we got them Thumbs up

    Freebird
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 166
    Age : 60
    Location : Oot an aboot
    Points : 136
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Freebird on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:10 am

    Nice story and happy ending :it's all good: May seem a silly question but are they called Indian fantails after the country or because their fan resembles an American Indian chief?
    avatar
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

    Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Age : 55
    Location : Glenrothes
    Points : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by chickadiesel on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:54 am

    hi no its not a stupid question, its after their country

    Freebird
    old bird
    old bird

    Male
    Number of posts : 166
    Age : 60
    Location : Oot an aboot
    Points : 136
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Freebird on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:11 am

    chickadiesel wrote:hi no its not a stupid question, its after their country
    Have you tried a wee bit curry powder on thier corn :Very Funny:
    That makes sense as they do resemble the Mookee ( body shape and crest, not tail ) which I believe is another Indian breed is it not?
    Your white one looks a quality bird, have you shown him?

    peter.j
    hatchling

    Number of posts : 15
    Points : 8
    Registration date : 2008-12-31

    settling well

    Post by peter.j on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 pm

    DOVEScot wrote:All birds are now gone plus another three I got from another fancier and in a lot better condition than when we got them Thumbs up
    all the birds are settling nicely and for the last 2 days have been walking around my garden closely followed by my son and daughter and both of them are quiet for once so i owe duncan and carol a ::

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:57 pm

    peter.j wrote:
    DOVEScot wrote:All birds are now gone plus another three I got from another fancier and in a lot better condition than when we got them Thumbs up
    all the birds are settling nicely and for the last 2 days have been walking around my garden closely followed by my son and daughter and both of them are quiet for once so i owe duncan and carol a ::

    Your welcome Peter, they are from top quality stock and just need some TLC which I am sure thy get plenty of Thumbs up
    avatar
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

    Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Age : 55
    Location : Glenrothes
    Points : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by chickadiesel on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:26 pm

    peter.j wrote:
    DOVEScot wrote:All birds are now gone plus another three I got from another fancier and in a lot better condition than when we got them Thumbs up
    all the birds are settling nicely and for the last 2 days have been walking around my garden closely followed by my son and daughter and both of them are quiet for once so i owe duncan and carol a ::

    Just glad they have gone to a good home, sounds like they are enjoying themselves allready, we wish you all best of luck with them.
    avatar
    chickadiesel
    old bird
    old bird

    Female
    Number of posts : 532
    Age : 55
    Location : Glenrothes
    Points : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by chickadiesel on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:28 pm

    Freebird wrote:
    chickadiesel wrote:hi no its not a stupid question, its after their country
    Have you tried a wee bit curry powder on thier corn :Very Funny:
    That makes sense as they do resemble the Mookee ( body shape and crest, not tail ) which I believe is another Indian breed is it not?
    Your white one looks a quality bird, have you shown him?

    No we have not shown any of our birds so far but, when we get the time,I would really like to give it a go.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Indian Fantails

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 am