Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Help - Found - S su01 DF

edinburghbird

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-08-10

Help - Found  - S su01 DF Empty Help - Found - S su01 DF

Post by edinburghbird Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 am

Found a bird in my porch this morning with the above tag on one foot and a green tag on the other.

I have to go out in an hour and have 2 cats keen to meet the bird.

I've given it some water which it appreciated.

What do I do now?

It seems friendly!
    rene
    rene
    administrator
    administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 909
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Help - Found  - S su01 DF Empty Re: Help - Found - S su01 DF

Post by rene Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 am

hi an welcome to the site edinburghbird thank you for reporting the bird the the ring tag should have some numbers after the SU01DF the 1st thing i suggest is to give it fresh water as you have done also if you have any wild bird seed or a little bit of rice then if you go on to this link http://www.shuonline.co.uk/strays/index.php and report the bird this is the only thing i can think of doing there may be a member on the site that might also be able in finding its owner once again thank you for reporting the bird

Yours in sport

Rene ( Admin )
    edinburghbird

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-08-10

Post by edinburghbird Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks Rene,

I rang the number supplied on the post for reporting lost birds and finally got through to someone who could help (the number for the Scottish Society is wrong and needs updating!).

The bird was fed and watered (ate lots and poo'd lots!) and then was picked up by a local guy who was going to return it to it's home in Dundee in due course. Apparently there had been a hard race at the weekend and lots of birds had gone missing.

Don't think I'll be come a pidgeon fancier, but my little adventure with the bird made for an interesting day.

Thanks for your help, without this forum, I doubt the bird would have got home so contentedly.

edinburghbird
    rene
    rene
    administrator
    administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 909
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Post by rene Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:02 pm

[quote="edinburghbird"]Thanks Rene,

I rang the number supplied on the post for reporting lost birds and finally got through to someone who could help (the number for the Scottish Society is wrong and needs updating!).

The bird was fed and watered (ate lots and poo'd lots!) and then was picked up by a local guy who was going to return it to it's home in Dundee in due course. Apparently there had been a hard race at the weekend and lots of birds had gone missing.

Don't think I'll be come a pidgeon fancier, but my little adventure with the bird made for an interesting day.

Thanks for your help, without this forum, I doubt the bird would have got home so contentedly.

edinburghbird

thank you for letting us know that the bird is gettin back home
    that was the only site i had at the time im glad you had a good adventure looking after the bird and im sure the owner will be delighted to have the bird back well done to you for at least taking the time to care and for reporting the bird as there are a lot of none fanciers out there that wouldnt bother so thank you very much for that

Yours in sport

Rene

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:33 am