Pigeonbasics.net Pigeon basics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Our pigeon lodgers

MIKE1957
    MIKE1957
    Global moderators
    Global moderators

Male
    Number of posts : 488
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Our pigeon lodgers Empty Our pigeon lodgers

Post by MIKE1957 Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:38 pm

A family has adopted two stray pigeons - after the cheeky birds pecked at their patio doors demanding to get in.

Sandra Gallagher, of Clan Ranald Avenue, Prestonpans, arrived home from work last Thursday to discover the two birds in her garden eating the remnants of the bird food she had put out.

The mum-of-three thought nothing of it until the following day when the two feathered friends turned up again, looking for more food.

But, instead of searching the garden, the pigeons began knocking on her glass patio door looking to get in!

Sandra duly opened the doors expecting the pair to immediately fly off, but to her amazement they both hopped into her warm kitchen and made themselves at home.

Sandra, her partner Marty Gemmill, and the three Gallagher children have now become so enamoured with their new found friends that they have made a little bed for the birds in their kitchen.

Sandra, 44, is worried the birds belong to a pigeon fancier who lives closeby - one bird is ringed - and is looking to reunite them with their owner, but her children are hoping to adopt the pigeons and keep them as pets.

"I thought nothing of it when I first saw them in the garden," said Sandra. "But the very next day they were still there, and this time they were pecking at the door because there was no food left in the garden.

"I fully expected them to fly away when I opened the door, but they just walked in bold as brass, The big one, we have named him Percy, walked all the way through the house as if he was investigating everywhere. The smaller one we have called Walter and he just made himself at home in a space beside the washing machine.

"It's incredible because they seem to be house-trained and even do the toilet on the newspaper we have laid down. I would like to find their owner, but my son Paul is adamant they are staying, and is even building them a cage for them to live in.

"He's grown so attached to them that they jump up on his shoulder and give him kisses. If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it."

Walter and Percy are both now sleeping in the Gallagher home permanently, but Sandra is appealing for the rightful owners to come forward and claim them.
    administrator
    administrator
    Global moderators
    Global moderators

Male
    Number of posts : 420
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Our pigeon lodgers Empty Re: Our pigeon lodgers

Post by administrator Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:32 pm

very strange good luck to them
    Criminal law breaker
    Criminal law breaker